Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Productive Day

I'm always happy when I feel like I've had a productive day and today was....I had a few errands that I really needed to take care of....I'm such a procrastinator and these were things I really should have done sooner so I'm glad I can finally cross them off my to do list!! First Co-ed and I invited Genius Boy to join us for lunch out. We let him pick even, so we ended up at a Burger Joint called Five Guys... it wasn't bad....
I didn't realize the 'Regular" Cheeseburger was a DOUBLE burger though so I will definitely order the 'little' Burger next time....and the fries....ummm ...we ordered two ....and well...we had a sack full of fries left over...One would have definitely been MORE than enough!!



Afterwards the Co-ed and I had to stop by the DMV to turn in the plates on her now dead Tiger Car....may it rest in peace.....and then to Best Buy to get a new power cord for her computer....and then...well.....since we were out and in the vicinity we HAD to stop at Salvation Army....where we each scored a few cute things.....and finally to the bank to deposit a few checks we've had sitting around.

She found this cute Polka Dot Dress....a Girls size 16 from the Limited II ...it fit her PERFECTLY...I used to be able to do that too, ages and ages ago when I was her size.

and this cute little Bright Yellow Cotton Top.She's moving to Florida soon so she'll get a lot of wear out of it I'm sure....and then we found this really cute Bright Handknit Shruglike Poncho thing..it looked adorable on her...It basically just covers the upper chest and shoulders....we're not sure if it was meant to be worn like that or if it was for a child....it was hanging in the women's section....




I also found a few cute things......A Funky Wool Deer Sweater( appropriate WI wear I'm sure) This Bright Green Plaid Wool Jacket...A Graphic Black and White Skirt , a cute colorful hat( again WI) and an adjustable Red and Blue Belt.



And the Piece de Resistance( have NO idea if that's spelled right).............................................
Vintage Pyrex Dishes....these aren't easy to find...at least not around here.....I did find some Pink ones a while back....these are actually Red...I am very excited about these!! And it's a pretty great set....there's a large platter, six dinner plates, 4 dessert plates and six bowls!


My Outfit Today

Gray and Yellow Striped Top-Old Navy Online-New
Gray ruffled Cardigan-Old Navy-New
Levi Signature Jeans-had forever
Gray and Cream Knee His-Target
Purple Flowered Shoes-Payless I think..a few years old.

And this is what co-ed wore....I think it's pretty cute...it was interesting to see peoples' reactions while we were out and about. Chesapeake is definitely NOT the Fashion Capital...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...