Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Award!!

I popped over to Shalee's blog : Sometimes It's Good to Be Speechless and learned that she's given me an Award for Honesty....how cool!! Thanks Shalee!!


So....now I have to post 10 honest things about me, AND make it interesting??!! Yikes....then I have to Tag 7 other bloggers for the Award as well. So here goes:

1. I've never really wanted to be anything other than a wife and mother...I know that goes against the grain in these liberated days...but it's all I've really wanted. I was never interested in a 'career" and still am not. My 'career" is being a Homemaker. I can't share that with too many people though because if I did they'd look at me like I have 3 heads or something.

2.I'm addicted to Facebook and stalk all my friends and other people I find as well. I look up all my old High School crushes( I'm actually 'friends" with one now...LOL and he remembers ME!!!...you have NO idea how thrilled I am by that!!) One HS friend( not the same one) actually remembered me as one of the "Popular" ones...have NO idea where he got THAT idea...I was soooooo NOT Popular!! LOL

3.I am so happy that I am married to my High School Sweetheart and that we are STILL married 25 years later...I can't imagine myself with anyone else and I hope I never need to.

4. My kids are the most awesome in the whole wide world. I adore them . I've been so lucky to have such great kids. None of that teen angst( or at least VERY little of it...drama teen CAN be a bit of a drama queen..LOL). My relationship with my kids is pretty awesome...sometimes I'm surprised by that....

5.I'm a major Shoe Fiend....I probably own more than Imelda Marcos....ok, well not THAT many ...but I LOVE shoes...always have even when I was a teen. I love finding unique Shoes that none of my friends can find....I love getting compliments on my shoes( which happens often) I've passed this love on to the C0-ed.

6. I like Reality TV....I have to watch most of it in Secret or my family will make fun of me to no end. I like almost all of it. Amazing Race, Survivor, Real Housewives( all editions), Project Runway, Top Chef( those last two I can pretty much watch openly without being made fun of) Real World, I even liked that trashy Paradise Hotel one, and the High School Reunion ones. There's more..just too many to list.

7. I want to be a Desperate Housewife. I just think it would be awesome to live on Wisteria Lane, Play Poker with the Girls.,Hang out with Susan and Linette,Cook like Bree, Shop like Gabrielle. My house would be sunny and bright and lovely and perfectly landscaped. I'd throw wonderful Dinner Parties. Oh it would just be sooo perfect!

8. I'm a sucker for Self Help books of ALL kinds.....I have to read them. I'm always thinking I can improve my life if I just know the right secrets. How to be thin. How to be Beautiful. How to be Rich. How to be the perfect Mother. How to be the perfect Wife. How to clean my home. How to Organize it. How to be the perfect Christian. How to have peace. How to have Joy. Once I read them all, I will have a Perfect Life....yeah...right..but I still read them.

9.When I was younger I thought I was the ugliest person in the world( maybe this is where my need for self help books comes from) I had really low self esteem. I was extremely shy because I was ashamed of my looks. Like I said in #2, I was soooo NOT Popular...I look back at pictures of me as a teen and I feel so sorry for that girl for how she felt then, because looking NOW I see a Beautiful Girl. Like Gorgeous...Like just as pretty as all those Popular Pretty girls that I thought were sooo much prettier than me .Why couldn't I have known it then?

10. I miss my husband more than I thought I would. I really thought this time to myself would be kinda nice...Time for just me.....to do anything I want...when I want...how I want. And that IS nice in some ways....but I really miss him. It's lonely without him. My days are slow. There's nothing to look forward to at the end of the day. I hope this house sells soon. Or at the very least that we go ahead and buy something up there soon.

Whew...that was hard.....now I need to tag 10 people ... I'm tagging a bunch of my friends from CIAL because I think they are about as Honest as it gets....

1. Milehimama at Mama Says
2. Amanda at Old Fashioned Girl
3. Catholic Mom at CatholicMom Has A Blog
4. Tia at A Photographic Life
5. Deeny at Simple Joys
6. Mrs. Flam at Mrs. Flam
7. Rosamuni at Rosamundi's Ramblings


I can't stop at just 7 , so I'm adding a few more.....



8. Susan at Sinner Saved
9. Rachel at Life in the South
10. Suzanne at Blueberry Cottage



11. Amanda at The Narrow Gate
12. High Desert at High Desert Hill
13. Kim at Life is Short. Eat Cake.
14. Butterflygirl at Belliestobabies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks. I'll do it tomorrow; I did my political rant for today.

I think you were cute when you were younger; you are now, too.

Mrs Flam said...

Thank you maggi :)

Deeny said...

Cool, Thanks, I have never been tagged before :-)
Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...