Friday, January 30, 2009

Don't Tell My Husband....

..but I actually enjoy baking these days!! LOL....Earlier this month I broke out the OLLLLDDD bread machine (which I had used maybe 10 times in the ten years I've owned it) and have been making bread almost daily ever since...Our favorite so Far is Ricotta Bread....It's a nice thick slightly spongy bread..with a slight hint of the Ricotta flavor.

I started out with the warm milk( I just microwaved it for about 15 seconds)..

Add the Ricotta...yummmm
Here are all the wet ingredients and Salt and Sugar...before adding the Flour and Yeast....

I like to make a little 'well' in the Flour for the Yeast.....
All set and ready for the Bread Machine....
I set it for a Regular Light Loaf....So far I've been making all of my loaves with this setting and seems to be working the best...
I check the dough a few times just to make sure it's all mixing well...and not too wet or too dry...

Three hours later....Voila.....Fresh Warm Bread!

It makes a pretty small loaf...it only calls for 1 1/2 c. flour...I should have doubled the recipe...as we REALLY like this and it's already almost gone now!!
Then later this afternoon I was still in a Baking Mood......I looked for Recipes online...but couldn't find anything that really jumped out at me...or that I had all the ingredients for......
Ok, yeah, I know....I just questioned how another blogger who shall remain nameless could run out of so many things she uses regularly........but......"I" don't claim to be an Uber Organized Housewife with an Uber Organized and Well Stocked Pantry......and........the kind of ingredients "I" am talking about here, weren't your everyday 'staple' ingredients....ok.....so there!!..LOL
soooooooo.. anyways.....I went rummaging in my UNorganized UNwellstocked pantry and found this old box of Lava Cake Mix.....I've had it a while......sheepish grin........I decided today is a good as any day to try it....
The finished product:....they look great...and tasted pretty good....they weren't really "molten" by the time the 15 minute 'cooldown" as directed on the box ...was done. I really want to bake more from scratch too.....but I still have some prepackaged mixes and stuff in my 'Pantry" that I can't bear to waste ..so I guess we'll occasionally be eating fake packaged stuff......

2 comments:

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

yummo!

I found this recipe for deep fried Bananas! Oh it looks so good. ( they are in an egg roll type of wrap)

We need a bread maker, my family loved to make Hawaiian sweet bread!

Maggii said...

Oh ..now those sound good..I think I've had something like that before at the Filipino Restaurant...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...