Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Have One of the Best Friends in the Whole Wide World...

...and I really mean the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. My friend Nanci moved to Qatar a few years ago...I miss her terribly...we got very close during the 5 years or so that we got to know each other here.... we were like family...our families spent nearly every spare waking moment together...we went to Puerto Rico together and had the time of our lives...and now she's soooo far away and life just isn't the same without her here.........so.......

Today I walked down the drive to check the mail....yeah I took a pic of my feet( for a project I'm doing....I'm weird I take pics of weird things...my kids think I'm nuts..I probably am)


I reached into the mailbox and ....what's that......a little package ....how fun!!!It's from Nanci!! Yeah...how fun..she is so great..... BTW you can legibly read my address there, so if anyone else would like to send me stuff , don't hesitate...I LOVE packages...especially surprise ones!(although I must warn you....no matter how many packages you send and how awesome they are....you will never be able to win the BFITWWW title away from her.....it goes soooooo much deeper than packages...but hey, they help!!)I couldn't wait to open it so I ripped that box apart...ok I very carefully used my scissors to slice the tape open.....Here is what I pulled out...Oh and this cute little note....130 degrees!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry...I mean yeah...I hate winter and those below zero Temps in WI are scaring me....but I'm sorry, 75 cents a gallon is soooooo not worth dealing with 130 degree weather!!!!This was in the Pinkish bag..It is supposed to be Candy....I'm assuming some kind of arabic candy???Then I opened the blue bag and this 'stuff' fell out in a bunch of little pieces...wasn't sure WHAT it was supposed to be.....hmmn...I thought maybe it was a piece of unwrapped candy that broke and got crushed...it looked very UNappetizing.....look a little closera little closer....there was one good piece left.have any idea???not sure how well you can read it, it's pretty blurry....but those items up above are : Gold , Frankinsense, and Myrrh That "stuff" is GOLD!!!Their Christmas card...they'd been to Beirut , France , and Niagara Falls last year......wish "I" had their life!!Love You Nanci!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great post - I was there with you.

But do you really want your name and address out there?

Maggii said...

I used to worry about it ,..but I've been getting braver..and most of that information is already out there anyway with all the internet stuff I participate in...plus I wont live here much longer anyway....

Maggii said...

Not to mention I really get hardly any traffic thru here anyway....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...