Thursday, January 01, 2009

An Old Friend

I decided to reacquaint myself with an old friend..............................My Bread Machine......gosh it's been forever since I used it......possibly over a year??!! It was a Christmas gift oh so many years ago....like a decade or so? When I first got it, I made bread every day...sometimes more than one loaf.....it was heaven and we all enjoyed fresh bread. Sometimes it was our evening meal....and our Breakfast too. Then slowly it dwindled down to maybe a loaf a week, a loaf a month, and then just an occasional loaf during the year...like I said I'm not sure I've used it at all during the last year...maybe once?








I've been wanting to bake my own bread again for a while now. Just never got around to dragging the old machine out of storage......So..Today's the day.....I decided to try this recipe over at AllRecipes.com. I'm not too sure it's going to turn out right , though, as I'm not sure how good my yeast is....I found a yeast packet in my pantry but it is probably rather old and may not work. So we'll see in a few hours whether we have 'bread" or not.




Here are a couple pictures of Ambie...lately she's taken to crawling in beside me as I blog or surf...this one was yesterday...she usually likes to drape a paw over my arm...but this is also a favorite position.....

and this is today...right now, as I typed this post....LOL....sometimes it's kind of irritating as she interferes with my freedom of movement while typing. But it's nice to be loved......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...