Sunday, July 27, 2008

A New Take on Before and After

The Recruit leaves tomorrow for his AF Basic Training. We are all excited for him and oh so proud. He's waited quite a few months to finally be able to leave and get started so I know he's excited. Over the last year or so he's managed to grow quite a beard though, and as we all know....those aren't exactly allowed in the Military anymore....



He asked me to to get a picture of his beard before he shaved it all off....so here is the 'before"


and...........

Here's the After!


Quite a difference ....Wouldn't you say??!! I really Like this after look. So tomorrow I drop him off so they can take him to Texas for 6 weeks ..then I think he gets to come home for a short visit..and then off to Monterey Ca for Linguist School.

Today at Church we made an announcement about his leaving and I got all teary eyed..it kind of surprised me as I don't usually get all that sappy about separations, but today it was hard to keep the tears at bay.

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a big difference the shaving made! My hubby has a goatee (sp?)and when he shaves it off (once a year or so) he look soooo different!

BTW - where will he be at in Texas? He'll be in my backyard, whichever way he goes! :-)

k e r r y said...

much better - he looks too old in the first photo - now you can see his babyface :)

Maggii said...

I like him sooo much better without the beard..I agree he looks much more his age...he's only 22....Laura..he's in San Antonio....at Lackland?? for Baisc Training or Boot Camp..whatever they call it in the AF..he'll be there for 6 weeks ...then he'll be heading to Monterey Ca for two years of Linguist Training.

Laura said...

Well, he won't be in my backyard - he'll be in my sister's backyard, lol! I live in the Austin area, and SA is about an hour and a half from our house. We'll be praying for him! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...