Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bon Voyage?

Last night we had a bit of a going away party for my husband....who leaves on deployment in a few days.....It was a lovely party....the guests were fellow parishoners from our Church...

there's nothing like a get together to get my house in order...I spent the day cleaning and redecorating and cooking....I decided to make it an appetizers and dessert party......I made a few recipes from Pampered Chef that turned out terrific... they always do....everyone had a great time...it was really fun to get together with our Church friends....we really should do it more often.....tomorrow we are going to Kings Dominion for the day...once a year on the first Sunday in October they sponsor a Knights of Columbus Day at KD along with another organization....the park is open only to Knights or employees of the other organization and their families...we have gone for the last 6 years.....It's about 2 hours away...we'll bring a picnic lunch...and spend the day with family and friends...I've also finally finished the afghan I was making for the hubby to take w ith him on deployment....I"ll post a picture of it later ....

I'm not sure how I fell about this coming deployment....it's going to be at least 7 months.....we've never been apart that long before...We've been very lucky to have avoided long deployments until now.....this should be the last one as well...

1 comment:

Angelika said...

Don't worry, you'll make it through - we all do. Mine's been gone twice and will go again. We just need to stick together and keep ourselves busy. The military is one big family and in situations like this it'll show. Hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...