Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Supper?


I decided to make Enchiladas for my hubby tonight...as it's one of his favorite meals and one of my few 'signature' meals that I do well...LOL


we start with some browned beef with green peppers and onions....


and cook until the ground beef is cooked thru....drain the grease...then we'll add the sauce...I usually useOld El Paso Enchilada sauce in cans...

usually I try to add 2 or 3 cans of 'hot" and two can's of 'mild" we like it spciy but not 'too' spicy...today I only could find one can of mild in my cupboard...so we have 4 cans 'hot' one 'mild'...mix it in with the meat mixture...and then I add 3 or 4 large handfuls of shredded cheese ..either Cheddar or today I used a "fiesta" mix...






In the meantime I have my tortillas set up and ready for filling.. to start...place a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a casserole pan ...
.
this is so the torillas don't stick to the dish...and/or dry out when baking.....we place a spoon full of the sauce mixture in the center..I then fold up one end to cover the mixture and start rolling...carefully lift the rolled tortilla and place in casserole..being careful not to let the filling fall out.
.

continue until the pan is full I was able to fit 16 enchiladas in this pan...that is about 1 1/2 pkg....my daughter will use the rest this week either in quesadillas or tortilla wrap sandwiches...






now I pour the remaining sauce over the top of my pan full of Enchiladas and then sprinkle more cheese on top...

I place a cookie sheet under my casserole dish to catch any spills while baking....and bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 minutes...just long enough for the cheese to melt and brown a little..

and Voila...the finished dish.....


yummy...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yum-O!

I love enchiladas - in fact, mexican food of any sort is just my cup of tea. But my mom's enchiladas, oh.my.goodness. Homemade beef chili, heavy on the cumin, cheesy insides.... we might have to have enchiladas this week. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...