Thursday, January 27, 2005

Secretpal#4

I've joined my first Secret pal swap! this should be fun....I really enjoy this whole crafting,crocheting,knitting bloglife....I love reading all the blogs and seeing everyones ideas and projects...
so anyways I figured I'd post my answers to the Secretpal#4 questionaire.....

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I mainly use Redheart or Lionbrand but that's mostly because that's all that's really available to me in my town....I do occasionally buy nice yarns online....I pretty much like anything though...
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I would really love to learn to spin...i love to crochet..and am pretty good at it..knitting is pretty 'new' for me ..

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Nope
4. How long have you been knitting? I actually was taught to knit when i was a kid but i never really took to it..but a year or so ago i felt the urge to try it agian and i've been enjoying it...i still prefer crochet though..
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?no, unfortunately not....
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Jamine..but i like anything...
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? absolutely...especially CHOCOLATE
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? now a days i mostly crochet and/or knit......i would like to pick up painting again....I do a little bit of sewing....
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds....my favorties are peopel like Sheryl Crow, martina mcBride, and Faith Hill......but i like just about everything....not sure about the MP3 thing...i think so
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I like pinks and purples....but I'm also starting to gravitate towards turquoises and other blues like that<--and am having a hard time finding yarn in those colors...
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married to a Navy man...4 kids all teens( actually one is now offically an 'adult") and two cats....
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) gosh ...my life 'dreams"...to travel to italy.....to learn to spin and create my own yarns ..and to open my own YarnCraft shop...
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like it all
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Can't thikn of any
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I'm not sure...with knitting..i'm pretty much at the good at knitting scarves stage although i did make a nice sweater once....with crocheting...i'd say maybe hats...and ponchos
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now? the Alien Illusion scarf from the Stich n' Bitch book
18. What do you think about ponchos? Love them....have made a bunch of them...
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I'd say straight ..although the circular ones come in handy for some things...
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? no preference ..all iv'e sued so far are alluminum...
21. Are you a sock knitter? not yet but i really want to try it....
22. How did you learn to knit? my mom taught me to crochet and knit YEARS ago....when i was little...the crocheting took off the knitting didn't....but now i'm knitting and i really like it..
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh man....i got some that are YEEEEEAAAARS old....LOL
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty
25. What is your favorite holiday? New Years
26. Is there anything that you collect?yarn..LOL.......Mary Englebreit...Mermaids....Candles....Dolphin Fish( not to be confused with actual "Dolphins" this is a certain kind of 'fish") ...Virgin Mary( Statues..pictures)....Crosses.....






2 comments:

sara said...

It was fun reading your answers to the Secret pal questionaire!

new2crochet said...

I love your open work poncho. Would you be kind enough to give me the pattern? My address is trava_d@yahoo.com

Thanks,
New2crochet

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...