Monday, May 19, 2008

My Day in Winchester

Like I said I then spent a day in Winchester Virginia with my SIL and her family. What a neat town. I loved it. It's a very beautiful area. Her and her Husband live WAY out in the country down a few long and windy country roads. Their home sits on 13 wooded acres! Oh how I'd love to live there. And they are only about an hour or so from DC. The best fo both worlds!!


Here I am on the scary Dirt road that finally leads to her home...LOL
this small building is George Washington's Historic Office. How cool!!And I had no idea that White House Applesauce was manufactured here in Winchester. They even use mostly locally grown apples. Good to know!
It rained ealrier in the day, but we allowed the kids to play outside anyway ..needless to say it got VERY muddy!! Thank God they weren't MY kids..LOL....
These are a few scenes from the back yard. In the bottom pic you can see a path that leads down a hill to a creek and then back up again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...