Thursday, August 21, 2008

And She's Off

Drama Teen and I left Monday morning for Harrisonburg. We drove up with some friends of ours,whose daughter is also attending JMU. Move-in Day for Drama Teen was on Tuesday. The check-in process was quick and easy and the move-in went smoothly. We found a few boys with muscles (and a few girls too) to help carry in the heavy stuff. Drama Teen really wanted to carry her fridge in herself but the boys insisted on doing it for her. We got to meet her Room-mate, who seems very sweet. I think they will get along great. After some shopping and errands I said my Good-Byes. It was tough letting her go. I had the same feelign letting go of Co-ed that first year. Not wanting to drive away and leave her there all alone....


The next Morning my friends(whose daugher had her move-in that morning) convinced me to ride into Harrisonburg and make the drive home with them later that day. We were staying in a cabin about an hour away. I had been thinking of driving home that way anyway so it didn't take much to change my mind. I called Drama Teen to let her know I was going to be back on Campus. She had a volleyball tournament she was participating in that afternoon so I walked over to the Courtyard and hung out with her for a bit. I was going to take her and her room-mate out to lunch but after their game the team wanted to go and asked her to join them , so I told her to go ahead and that I'd just meet our friends for lunch instead. We said our Good-Byes yet again.

My friends were still shopping for their daughter and I met them at Target. I remembered that Drama Teen had said she needed a few more things. I had told her to just get them herself when she got a chance. As I eyed the hangers she needed, it dawned on me that we would be heading back to Campus anyway to drop off my friends daughter's stuff. SO I called Drama Teen yet again and let her know I was picking up the hangers and anything else she needed, and that she could meet me at the friends dorm. After our THIRD and FINAL Good-Bye my friends and I got on the road for home.
Sounds like Drama Teen is having a good week and enjoying dorm life. They have activities scheduled for pretty much every second of the next few days. She's already made a few friends and run into a few HS classmates. Gosh I'm going to miss her though. This is going to be a quiet year and my home will be quite empty... :(

Co-ed also left this week for her last Semester at VA Tech. I had to say my good-byes to her on Monday morning as I wasn't going to be back before she left. I'm going to miss my Sushi Pal!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...