Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thrifty Vintage Fun

So I went on a thrifting spree today.....mainly looking for Pyrex to add to my small collection....I found a Pyrex flicker Group last night and spent a good hour or two lokking thru pics of amazing pyrex...I learned a lot about Pyrex i never knew.....saw items I never realized were pyrex...there were quite a few that I fell in love with and figured it'd b e impossible to find any of them but decided to go hunting today...I hit four shops.....two I shop at regularly and the other two occasionally.....after 3 stops...although I hadn't found much in the way of pyrex( found an old scratched up bowl...and a small FireKing? I think)

















but I found a few other cute vintagy type things.....a really kewl vintage sheet that I think




I'll make curtains out of for my craft room.....


and some really cute vintage looking Wizard of Oz sheets that I will offer up on Ebay.....a pretty filipino top/jacket?..I'm going to offer it to Rae first and if she doesn't want it offer it up on ebay as well.....









lets' see what else.....a cute little Cheese shaker( I got it for the French writing on it...LOL)












and a really great find...a Le Creuset pot...I've been wanting some pieces of this for a while but it's pricey..so I was quite excited to see this pot for $7.00.........






















I also got this really cute Vintage Decorating book ,

a couple of wool sweaters for felting crafts and two adorable little christmas outfits for my niece's new daughter that was born on Sunday!











Now I bet all that sounds pretty good ....but....that was just the first 3 shops.......I hit the mother load at my fourth stop........First I spied these really cute pink and white plates with ruffly edges....oh my......I learned about these last night as I was browsing the Pyrex flicker Group...never in a million years would I have expected to see them today!!! yes yes yes...

and then behind them I saw the black trimed Fleur de Lis pyrex cups.....and then over to the side those other two pyrex cups( not sure what that pattern is called).....and I saw the cute turkey cruet....I went up to pay and the checker really liked my pink ruffle plates...and said she thought there was more....I hadn't really looked that closely so Ithought I might have missed them ....after I paid I went back over to the dish rack to see if there were more......I couldn't find any, but did happen to notice this set of pink Trimmed Pyrex dishes that I had totally missed..so I snatched those up...LOL...needless to say I was exstatic about these finds....


oh and I also found these cute display plates...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...