Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mississippi for Christmas

Well the kids and I are in Mississippi right now to spend the Holidays with my family....of course no trip I take to Mississippi can be without incident it seems.......I had a pretty bad accident in SC......we are all ok....none of us were hurt, nor was anyone in the other vehicles.....but...my truck is toast right now......we'll see if it can be fixed....it's stuck at a Dodge dealership in SC and who knows if and when it will be fixed! I got a rental car to finish my trip.....it was raining pretty bad....and I was driving slower then the speed limit...but as I came around a bend there was a car in the concrete divider in the left lane and two cars stopped in left lane waiting for a break in the middle lane to get around...visibility was not good and when I noticed they were actually stopped I went to brake and the road was so slippery that NOTHING happened..... the first car in front of me( actually a pickup truck) tried to pullout around the car in front of him to avoid me hitting him but he wasn't quite fast enough and I clipped the back corner of him and then went on to hit the car in front of him...then Brandon actually hit me from behind as well( we took two cars Brandon was following)....brandon's car is fine ..no damage at all....as a matter of fact the cop pretty much talked us into claiming Brandon never hit me..LOL...he asked about 20 times if we were 'sure" he hit me....cause IF he didn't ...he wouldn't have to write Brandon a citation....etc etc..so we finally got the hint and said yeah ok he didn't hit me.....I was sooo worried about getting into an accident on this trip too...after the LAST trip......instead of celebrating Easter last year we had to plan a funeral....I didn't want to do that to my mother again for Christmas....thank GOD we are all ok......I haven't been able to tell Brad yet because he hasn't called...I was hoping he'd call last night but didn't...I don't really want to call HIM....because I don't call other then emergencies, and I don't want to scare him.....since we're all fine..I could e-mail him but I really want to tell him personally,...I guess if he doesn't call in the next day or so I'll have to just tell him in e-mail....then as if that wasn't enough.....we lost Brandon in Atlanta!! I wasn't paying attention to the signs and almost missed my exit for 85( where 75 and 85 split from each other)....I made the exit but Brandon behind me didn't.....so then he had to turn around try to get back passed where 85 splits off but coming from the other direction you can't get onto 85 there so you have to go past and then get off and on again....but when the got off they were stuck on a one way road and couldn't get back to the highway and so they had to drive around a bit to find a way back......it took them 2 hours of me driving super slow...to catch back up with me...anyway I'm here....and relatively calm

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, thank God you are alright! I have such a fear of car accidents, and rainy weather as well as nighttime driving just scare me out of my mind. Saying a special prayer of thanksgiving for you. Have a Merry Christmas Maggii!

Miss Robyn said...

Hi Maggii - thanks so much for visiting my blog. I send you the brightest of blessings for a wonderful Christmas. hope to catch up in 2007 ! xoxo

Maggii said...

Thanks...yes it was pretty scary....I'm still a little shook up.....I was soo worried about this trip...the last time I came down was when my brother was in an accident and killed while I was still on my way.....I actually passed his accident! but did not realize until I was almost in Mississippi(he was a trucker and it was a trucking accient)....when my mother called in a panic wanting to know if we were 'ok"...I was then fairly certain that the trucking accident I had passed was his....it was confirmed when I got there...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...