Friday, October 06, 2006

SP9 Questions Answered

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

alpaca......any natural fibers....espeicaly wool blends...

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I really don't have any special way of storing them...I tend to keep my hooks in a mason jar...but I have hooks and needles all over the place..LOL

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been crocheting all my life.....I also learned to knit when I was a little girl but never really got into it until recently.....I've now been knitting actively for the last year or so.....I consider myself a beginner/intermediate knitter and an advanced crocheter

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do but I haven't updated it in ages


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

lavender


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

love chocolates....and Jelly Bellys


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I do a lot of crocheting....I'm interested in doing some altered art...I've tried my hand a spinning...it's going 'ok"....


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like female country music like faith hill....martina mcbride...etc....yes my computer ccan play MP3s....

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color at the time is aqua...although I like just about any colors



10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

married for 23 years to my Navy husband.....we have 4 kids....mostly grown....our youngest is 16.....3 are still living at home ...one is away at college....we have two cats...

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

i wear scarves and hats and gloves occasionally ...it doesn't get that cold here though...so they aren't needed too often..



12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

lately socks....although I've started making an afghan with sock yarn....and will probably be spending a lot of time on that


13. What are you knitting right now?

as i menitoned above an afghan out of sock yarn....although I'm not knitting it i'm crocheting it..

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

absolutely!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer straight...and I love bamboo


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

not yet


17. How old is your oldest UFO?

OMG I have no idea......I'm sure I've got something hanging around that's at least 10 years in the making .>LOL

18. What is your favorite holiday?


Halloween...I love all the dressing up and spooky stuff

19. Is there anything that you collect?

lately bluebirds......for the last few years I've been collecting the LeMax halloween and Christmas houses and accessories



20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I tend to get the books and mags I want immediately ...I hate waiting.....as for yarn ...I don't have access to many good LYS....there are a few in the area but they are quite a drive so I don't get to them often...I'm really liking wool blend sock yarns these days...these days I'm making an afghan out of sock yarn and I want each square to be a different pattern yarn....so far I'm usisng the scraps from the socks I've already made....but will run out soon....

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?



I don't have any subscriptions....I just buy them as soon as they come out...


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?


not really


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?


yes...i wear a size 8 1/2 shoe


When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

04/09

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...