Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a little sad and disappointed....

...lately I have been drawn to Christian blogging...and there are quite a few Christian bloggers that I had enjoyed reading and come to respect....but now I am learning that many of them seem to be extremely Anti-Catholic...As a Catholic myself it is quite hurtful to see that so many of the women I have grown to repsect view Catholism as UnChristian and UnBiblical!?? the sad thing is many of them don't seem to have any TRUE understanding of what Catholism REALLY is....most of their MISinformation comes from propaganda type sites such a chicktracks....

I thought that I had found a wonderful group of Christian Women that I could one day be a part of...but I have a feeling I would not truly be accepted as a "Catholic"...I can never understand how any "Christian" can feel Catholics are NOT when most Christian religions stem origionally from Catholism??

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Dear Maggi - just keep looking, honey! I was raised Catholic but became a pretty conservative Presbyterian while in college. Yet we sent all three kids so far to parochial school and in fact, my super-Presbyterian husband was school board chair! He really respects the Jesuit cononical administrators he's worked with and I've learned a lot about church history from them as well. Standing up for your beliefs is very honorable - and as conservative P's in a liberal-leaning denomination, I sympathize. Knowledge encourages respect. I'll keep lurking/reading now - off my soapbox!

Man said...

I have to agree I enjoy many Christian blogs then they start bashing Catholics for no good reason and I move to the next Christian blog and during every time of crisis they start hating again.

By the way nice socks.

Kathleen Williams said...

It doesn't matter if you are catholic or not. What matters is if you believe in Jesus and that he is your Lord and saviour because nothing else can save you. I know what you mean about being disappointed because I am very disappointed in people who say that they are a Christian but don't live it. Hey, what can you do?

Twelfthknit said...

Y'know, I can understand that feeling of disapointment. We all want to belong to groups that are 'like us'. But at the end of the day, communicating with open-hearted, kind people is more important, whether or not they belong to the same 'group'. These unChristian Christians don't seem worth getting upset about, leave them to their bigotry.
India, 'begginer Buddhist'.

Chrissy said...

Maggii - one concern I have is the damage this is doing to the Body of Christ as a whole.

Whether these other bloggers care to acknowledge it or not, we are ALL part of the Body. The trouble comes from differences in doctrine. On one of the anti-Catholic blogs, people are posting that very thing. What this blog owner fails to realize, among other things, is that she can't speak out of both sides of her mouth and expect to have any credibility.

I'm stunned at the statement that Catholics are not bible believing Christians. That is absolutely not true.

Maggii said...

Thank you all for the support..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...