Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weekend With the Girls

So I had my fun weekend with my girls. It was so great to see them both, and I had a lot of fun. My trip started with my getting held up by the SteeL Bridge in Deep Creek a few miles from my home. I waited while a good 10-15 sailboats came thru. It was like a regatta or something....anyway...after a good 30 minutes or so..I finally got on the road and arrived in Blacksburg around 6:00pm. I had not been to Co-ed's new apartment yet, so I mapquested the directions, and was taken God only knows where. I got to see the VERY RURAL part of town..LOL. I finally arrived and got the tour of her apartment. It's actually quite nice, and quite tidy. One of the main reasons she moved was because her previous room-mates were too messy.


After my tour I took Co-ed out to Dinner. We chose Indian Food this time. One of the fun things about Co-ed is that she's very adventurous and loves to try new foods, so we enjoy going out for various cuisines. Drama Teen is strictly a Chicken Fingers and Fries type gal. We went to India Garden in Blacksburg and OH my...the food was divine! I ordered the Lamb Mango...and Co-ed ordered a different Lamb dish with a creamy almond sauce. We shared our plates and both were absolutley delicious. After wards we got a coffee and snack and Starbucks, I bought my first Christmas Gift for Drama Teen and then we headed off to the Movies and saw The Changeling. I highly recommned it ..it was a GREAT movie. Afterwards it was late and we decided I would go ahead and stay at Co-eds apartment for the night. She gave me her futon and she slept on the couch. It's an eerie feeling being a 'guest' in your own child's home...

Saturday morning Co-ed and I had breakfast at IHOP ...which was a BIG mistake.....bad service..bad cooking ...just BAD all around......remind me NEVER to go back! After Breakfast ( which took forever ,thanks to cooks who don't seem to know how to cook EGGS for crying out loud!) We headed over to Tech to attend Drama Teens Meet.

East Campbell Hall....Co-ed's old Dorm.


Her teammates were impressed that her Mom came to watch...and she was excited to see us both. Sister's...Co-ed tying Drama Tens Ribbon...There were a ton of schools there competing..I was surprised to see students from Purdue, and Northern Illinois, and Tennesee, Kentucky etc. Warming up..It was chaotic but fun to watch. Drama Teen competed in Three events. Vault, Floor and Bars.....she didn't do too well on Bars...but I think her floor routine wasn't bad, and she did pretty good on vault. Shes' a little rusty since she didn't compete last year( too busy with Drama and Chorus) and she's been so busy since starting at JMU , that she hasn't devoted much time to practicing. Hopefully over the next few months she can practice a little harder and do a little better at her meet in February. At the least she's having fun and keeping busy.




I had to leave before the awards ceremony as I had a long drive back home that night. It was great to see them though...Gosh do I miss them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...