Sunday, March 23, 2008

Operation House

Operation House is still in full swing....DH has been home for the last week or so..and will be heading out again soon...so we are taking whatever time we do ahve to get as much done as possible.


This last weekend was soo beautiful , The Commander decided to take advantage of the weather to 'fix" our fountain.??? Apparently it was 'off-center" from the front door... and well we can't have that!! Who will want to buy a house with an 'off-center" fountain!!??? Don't ask....I did and got no answers...LOL....


So the Commander got the bright idea to move it over and 'center" it....problem being....that thing is HEAVY....not to mention the HUGE cement block it sits on.....the Commander foolishly thought we could just all help him lift it a move it....yeah right!! Then the Drama Teen gave him the bright idea that we could 'tie' it to the truck and pull it into place...I had my misgivings.....






I actually got the video camera out to tape the ordeal because I was positive It would be fodder for America's Funniest Home Video's and we would get rich when we won!! I had visions of the back axle being ripped off the truck...LOL( once, years ago...dh tried to use our RV to pull out a tree stump in that very same spot...and he literally DID break off the rear axle....that RV was stuck smack dab in the middle of our front yard for MONTHS!! I'm sure our neighbors LOVED us then)


Much to my chagrin....it actually worked ....and he was able to move the block...I'd post the video I took but alas it is quite boring now....LOL












In the meantime I spent most of the day inside painting our Kitchen walls...so they could be ready for Easter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...