Friday, November 02, 2007

WWCS Topic of the Week

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap is having a Contest each Friday...where we post about a specific Topic each week

This weeks topic is:

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

The first time I had coffee I was probably about 10 years old....My father always drank coffee...like ALL day....he always had a cigarette or a cup of coffee in his hands or sometimes both...and he always drank Tasters Choice instant coffee ...he kept hot water in a huge percolator....I would often 'make' him some coffee...when I was about 10 , he would sometimes let me make a cup for myself...as a special treat...that is when my love of Coffee began....I really just LOVE the taste and smell....the caffeine never really does anything for me....I can drink a cup late at night right before bed and it doesn't affect me...thru the years I've graduated to brewed coffee and when we moved to the Puget Sound area in WA state I fell in love with Lattes....this was in the beginning of the Starbucks Craze....
.in WA you could get Cappuccino, Expressos, and Lattes at McDonalds...and there was an Expresso shop on every corner...and small drive thru Coffee Shops everywhere....Raspberry Lattes are my favorite....but I still have a soft spot for Tasters Choice Instant Coffee...it's what I'm drinking tonight with a slice of freshly baked Pumpkin Bread...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...