Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How to Impress Homer and His Buddies...

Commander now works at a Nuclear Power Plant(Hence the reference to 'Homer'..hmmmnn maybe I should change his nickname to Homer instead of Commander?? Nah) Anyway, last night he told me he it was his turn to bring the baked snacks tonight(he's working mid-shift--HATES it). Well luckily for him he A.) asked me a day ahead(believe me..there are times when he doesn't mention until we're climbing into bed that he needs baked goods to take to work the next morning...I am NOT a Happy Camper on those nights!!)and B.) I just happened to have a some Peanut Butter Cookie Mix in the pantry and some Hershey's Kisses leftover from the last time I made Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.....Lucky him!




































Years ago, Pioneer Woman did a post about making these in mini-muffin tins instead of just making cookies on the cookie sheet and I loved the idea. So today that's what I did. They turned out awesome and I'm sure all of CDR's co-workers will be impressed.  It's amazing, sometimes, how impressed people are by some of the easist, simplist things I've done. One year I made Christmas Cookies with those Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Rolls( the ones with a picture in the middle-Rudolph, Santa, etc.) I rolled them in little noparaels, and sliced and baked. One of my neighbors was totally impressed and wondered how I got the picture inside the cookie!!LOL!

Anyway, I had fun making these today and realized I should bake cookies more often...they are really so easy and there are so many variations. I've been wanting to bake more, but with it just being the Commander and I these days we usually end up wasting half the Cake or Pie if I bake one, because we can't eat it fast enough. But cookies? I think those we'd have no problem eating up , plus  they can be packaged and saved for later. Christmas is coming and I should start baking and freezing soon. I need to get out the Christmas Notebook and start prepping for the Holidays. I also figured out what I want to give friends and family as gifts this year. I think I'll make up some of those Cookie Mix in a Jar, and add a pretty handmade Doily and maybe even package them wtith a Bamboo Spoon and some handmade Potholders.(The idea came to me as I was stirring the cookies) I need to start crocheting now though if I'm going to do this.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...